So I made the mistake of telling my colleagues at work that I’m packing this weekend for my upcoming vacation. Yes, packing is a normal thing to do before your vacation, but I did mine 4 days in advance. My colleague’s response was “you’re packing all week?” I’d have to say that it was a male colleague who said this so maybe the other ladies out there will agree that there are perfectly logical reasons for packing 5 days in advance:
2. To figure out how many pairs of shoes to bring.
3. To figure out which pairs of shoes to bring.
4. To plan my two nice outfits for the trip. You know when you go on 2 week vacation that you will go on at least two fancy outings and for this trip I need, yes I need, two different fancy outfits (which also requires one extra pair of shoes for one of these outfits). 🙂
5. For the carry on baggage, it has my camera and the rest is gifts for the lovely people we (Honey Bear and I) are visiting. So I had to make sure the carry on is within the weight limit.
7. Finally after everything was neatly folded into half the big suitcase (the other half being for Honey Bear), I made of list of “last minute” things I need to pack, like jewelry, cosmetics and any laundry I washed.
8. Oh and I almost forgot, I planned my outfit for the flight there. Now this is where most people would say “she’s lost it,” but I make sure to wear an outfit that will be appropriate for the weather in my destination. In Brussels the weather is currently cloudy with a chance of depression. In my destination (Romania), its +35 at least with good chances of being hotter. Its also important to choose an outfit that you could possible re-wear on the trip and especially a pair of shoes you will re-wear. Another tip is to wear your heaviest, bulkiest clothing/shoes and a belt. Yes, it makes for slightly uncomfortable travel, but then you have more room in the baggage for more clothes.
I’m soooooo looking forward to the heat. I’ll take lots of photos and hopefully be able to blog about my trip when I’m there. If not, I will when I get back.
So as for my ROW80 goals. I did some editing and some writing towards my WIP and I made my goal with 5, 212 words this week (my goal being 5,000 per week). I also did some plotting and after I finish chapter 8, I will start writing “organic content” meaning no more pulling from draft #1 and editing the material to fit with my storyline. This has to “inconveniently” happen as I approach my vacation thus putting pressure on me to find some hours at the beginning or end of the day to write….wish me luck!
How’s everyone else doing? Check out the rest of the ROW8o gang here.